Re: [Xen-users] PCI Passthrough for HVM guests

> Does this work? I've been searching around the net - but I can't get
> any definitive answers. I'm trying to pass through a NIC to a Windows
> 2003 DomU on openSUSE 10.3 and the OS doesn't see the device. Haven't
> tried paravirtulized guests as of yet..

It's currently not supported for HVM guests.  Neocleus are working on patches
to allow passthrough of PCI devices to trusted HVM guests; their work is
publically available but not integrated into mainline Xen yet.

It should work for paravirtualised guests that support it (e.g. XenLinux with
appropriate compilation options).  But even then you generally still need to
trust the guest (unless you happen to have hardware with full IOMMU support,
which most people don't).

Cheers,
Mark

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.