Re: [Xen-users] XEN - Broadcom issue: survey

Pezza wrote:
> Hey Pasi,
>
> it's Xen 3.1 compiled from stable source (downloaded last thursday).
> It's running on a HP Proliant DL380 G5 with 6gb ram. Host OS is CentOS 5
> (kernel 2.6.18 built inside Xen 3.1), guest is Win2K3 service pack 2.

Hi Pezza,

Since you're running CentOS, you should use Centos 5.1's xen packages
(when it's out). It's based on xen 3.1, but the rpm version stays at 3.
You could also rebuilt RHEL 5.1's srpm (available now).

I tried building from source, but it didn't work quite right. RHEL's
packages work great for me.

> The funny thing is that if I take the same disk image and the same conf file
> and I run them on a XenExpress machine, everything runs fine and I see no
> packet drop. Note that I said the same conf and image, thus I'm *not* using
> PV, just the plain XenExpress server and a manual "xm create" command;
> my XenExpress, thus, is running 3.0.4, not 3.1 and is on a different hw (you
> can check earlier messages to this list for the details).
>
> So, what I guess from this is that it's either an hw problem (network card
> drivers?) or a difference in the kernel/dom0 configuration...

Different hg changeset, uncommited patches, etc.

--
Fajar