Re: [Xen-users] Gigabit Interface - XEN Full Virtualization

if you compile the netfront drivers on your guest kernel and load them
as kernel module on your guests, you will have gigabit speed on a fully virtualized
virtual machine, hust use netfront and not ioemu then load
the kernel drivers on the virtual machine.
I have written something about it but it is in italian.
If you understand italian...

https://calcolo.infn.it/wiki/doku.php?id=network_overbust_compilare_e_installare_il_kernel_module_con_il_supporto_netfront

you should understand the way to do it even if it is written in italian.

I can translate in english if really it is needed

Riccardo

Artur Baruchi ha scritto:
Hi Mark,

Unfortunately, I did some tests, and even my nic being a giga and my
lan supporting giga, my full virtualized domain wasnt able to pass
100Mb/sec. My paravirtualized guests had a very good performance in
this environment.

Thanks,

Att.
Artur Baruchi