[Xen-users] Re: Re: Re: MythTV and Xen

lists wrote:

> Bastiaan wrote:
>> lists wrote:

>>> Hi Bas,
>>>
>>> Thanks for replying. It would be useful to keep this discussion on the
>>> list so that other people can benefit if they have a similar problem and
>>> search the list.
>>>

>> I'll keep all reply's on the list, just send me an email if you need
>> (urgent) info. I do check my inbox several times a day, lists more like
>> once every two weeks...
>>

>>> Could you let me know what kernel version and xen version you are using.
>>> Also, what hardware are you using for your backend? I am especially
>>> interested in the motherboard, CPU and TV cards that you're using.
>>>

>> I use the gentoo distribution, and everything is straight from portage.
>> xen-sources and xen are the current ~amd64 (thats gentoo unstable for
>> amd64)
>> kernel = 2.6.20 and xen 3.1.2
>>

> I'm using kernel 2.6.22 but I'm not sure how I go about finding the xen
> version.

there is no ebuild in portage for 2.6.22 yet, 2.6.20 is the latest available
xennified kernel in gentoo.

>> Motherboard is a gigabyte board, ill have to look up the exact type
>> later, i am not at home right now.
>> CPU's are AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+ (3200+ for file
>> backends)
>>
>> Capturecards are all WinTV cards. All anolog input. I am experimenting
>> with a TV over IP provider here in the Netherlands, but nut much luck
>> yet!
>>

> Do you have to pass any boot arguments such as noacpi, noapic or
> irqpoll? (I'm not sure if I spelt those arguments correctly, I can't
> remember them without my notes.)

I used to add the noapic parameter, but that seems to be fixed now, all i've
got left are framebuffer arguments and evms.

> TV over IP, sounds interesting! :-)

The provider hooks us up on a vpn, where all channels are broadcasted, and
video on demand is unicasted to the settopboxes. Problem is the
authorisation (handshake) between settopbox and server...

We will work this out, eventually ;)