Re: [Xen-users] Routed dom0 setup problem -- second time around

OK, I finally managed to fix my earlier problem (routed configuration
refusing to launch domU's).

The answer turned out to be that if the network interface to be used
by the domU's is anything other than the default "eth0", the interface
name must be explicitly passed (via a netdev= parameter) to vif-route
-- NOT just to network-route.

Here is a xend-config.sxp that appears to work for me now:

(xen-api-server ((unix)))
(xend-http-server yes)
(xend-unix-server yes)
(xend-relocation-server no)
(xend-port 8000)
(xend-address '')
(xend-relocation-hosts-allow '')
(network-script 'network-route netdev=dmz0')
(vif-script 'vif-route netdev=dmz0')
(dom0-min-mem 196)
(dom0-cpus 0)
(vncpasswd '')

Note that my non-default network interface (dmz0) is given as a parameter
to vif-route, as well as to network-route.  This point wasn't mentioned
anywhere in any of the documentation or discussions I could find online,
and I had to trace through the vif-route script, a line at a time, before
finally discovering that the reason it was failing was because it wasn't
able to identify the network interface on its own.

I hope this info can be incorporated into some FAQ's and how-to's, so
that other people won't have to suffer the way I did.

--
Rich Wales      ===      Palo Alto, CA, USA      ===     richw@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.richw.org   ===   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Richwales