Re: [Xen-users] HVM tap:aio and net under FC8

On Wednesday 20 February 2008 07:31:49 pm Gary W. Smith wrote:
> I'm trying to setup a Windows instance under Xen 3.1.0 via FC8. I managed
> to get it working fine except that I must use file: instead of tap:aio and
> I've also run into problems with the network not working under the DomU.Â
> Apparently quem is looking for xenbr(X) and it doesn't exist.

> Setting xenbr0 in the /etc/xend-config.sxp with bridge=xenbr0 causes Dom0
> to lose network connectivity. I should also note that my ethernet
> interface is actually eth2 (eth0-1 are disabled on boot).

> Out of the box, what do I need to do to tweak FC8 in order to support
> tap:aio and more importantly network?

I've never been able to get tap:aio: to work for hvm under fc8 either. tap:
used to work under fc7, but even that doesn't on fc8 anymore. For the
network, eth0 is the default *bridge* under fc8. In your case, with the
physical eth0 & 1 disabled, do a 'brctl show' and find out which bridge
has 'peth<n>' attached (probably peth2), and then put ', bridge=eth<n>' in
your hvm's config. (No need to change xend-config.sxp.)