Re: [Xen-users] Xensource VM in Xen

  • To: "Xen-user List" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Nicolas Daneau" <nicolas.daneau@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 18:14:27 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 09:15:09 -0700

Hi,

I'll try the lvm stuff, otherwise i'll start from scratch, it should be cleaner and not so lore time consuming.

Thanks for the feedback on Asterisk. As i understand well you always tried an asterisk install with ztdummy? Here i will use an hardware FXO/FXS card, so it will maybe be more stable. I'll try however and let you know...

As i'm will enjoy some holiday in the next weeks, you won't have a direct feedback, just be patient! ;)

Nicolas

2008/7/31, Joseph L. Casale <JCasale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> As for the Asterisk idea, my experience so far is that it sort of works, but not reliably enough for production, and I tried for a while. Don't do it...
>>

>Out of curiosity, what is the problem with Asterisk running on Xen?

The timing issue which is theoretically only needed when using a hardware interface or conferencing and MOH from what I understand.
Bottom line is the ztdummy hack when not using hardware (I don't know of it will passthrough reliably) yields less then reliable results in xen.

I tried many vanilla centos installs on different xen 3.2.0 setups that all produced an asterisk server that missed/dropped calls or just plain was not consistent.

Moving the asterisk setup into a non virtualized environment produced more than one server with duplicate configs that all worked perfectly and have never missed a beat yet.

jlc

Nicolas Daneau
   Rue Maurice Bertrand 543
   5300 Landenne