Re: [Xen-users] domU network fails under load - vif breaks

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Pepe Barbe <elventear@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 18:56:12 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 16:56:52 -0700

On Sep 1, 2008, at 8:57 AM, Paul wrote:

At a certain point that I have not established exactly, the network load takes out the pv network. For example, if I initiate a bittorrent session in a pv domU, I get a slow build up of network load, and then connectivity is lost to both of the pv domU's. If I console into them, they cannot ping outside the network, but they can ping their own interfaces. A tcpdump on the dom0 physical shows no traffic. However, during all this, the hvm domains are able to use their network connections without issues.

I have experienced the same issue with Ubuntu 8.04. The only solution I have found is to limit the rate of the nic so that it doesn't reach a transfer rate that breaks the networking.

Pepe