[Xen-users] OpenSuSE 11.0 x86_64 guests on CentOS 4.6 Host

I've installed previously an OpenSuSE 9.3 and OpenSuSE 10.3 guest on a CentOS 4.6 Host and found that it worked out of the box so to speak with no difficulties if I include the xennet and xenblk flags in a rebuild of the initrd. However, when it comes to OpenSuSE 11.0 its a different matter. Is seems that the cons line in the /etc/inittab has to be uncommented to obtain a login console. Also the /etc/securetty would seem to have to contain /etc/console and any other tty terminals that might be used. However, an xm create results in a login prompt with hostname (none) and no ability to login. Providing the correct password for a root user, or ordinary user returns the error: Password Incorrect.

Is there anything I might have missed? Or any log file I can find that presents error outputu from the login. /var/log/messages and other files in /var/log don't contain anything useful to debug the problem.