Re: [Xen-users] Is it possible to copy the contents of one domU to another domU?

Hi Rudi,

Yes if it contains less that 30Gb of data.

Run: "ls -lhs /my/xen/partition/directory" to see how much space is used by the domU.

Next you need to specify in another e-mail whether you are using LVM (ext3) or loopback files. Then somebody can present a solution. Also, you could change over from loopback to LVM in the process if using LVM for the 50Gb domU.

Rudi Ahlers wrote:
Hi all

I hope this can be solved.

I have a 50GB CentOS domU, and I want to copy the contents of the domU to another domU, of smaller size (30GB) - is this possible?

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

With Best regards,
Eamonn Kenny
Dr. Eamonn M. Kenny,          Telephone:               00+353-1-8961536
Webcom-G Manager,             Facsimile:               00+353-1-6772204
Computer Architecture Group,  Email:             Eamonn.Kenny@xxxxxxxxx
Computer Science Department,  www:    http://www.cs.tcd.ie/Eamonn.Kenny
Rm-005, CALab1, INS building, Map:    http://www.tcd.ie/Maps/lloyd.html
TCD, Dublin 2, Ireland.       Map: http://www.tcd.ie/Maps/tcd_east.html