[Xen-users] Re: Using suse xen patches with vanilla/gentoo kernel

Andrew Lyon schrieb:
>>> I have managed to figure out the order that the patches are applied
>>> in, and with few small changes I have got the OpenSuse Xen patches to
>>> apply to 2.6.25-gentoo-r8 (2.6.25.15), so far the system has been
>>> stable running 6 windows hvm's and emerge -e world in dom0 for 24
>>> hours.

Thanks again. I had a depper look into the suse sources and they offer
a tool called guards which generates a list of required patches for
the running arch in the right order.

The following was taken from README.SUSE

-------------%>-------------------------------------

    # Apply the patches

      $ for p in $(./guards $(./arch-symbols) < series.conf); do
          patch -d linux-2.6.25 -p1 < $p || break
        done

So i piped that into a file, removed all further suse patches and cut
also fixes and so on. result was a list with the required xen patches.
As i took the latest 2.6.25 release from kernel.org with included
patches, i had not have to apply the patches.kernel.org directory too.

Regards

--
stefan.bauer@xxxxxxxxxxx                Cubewerk
Tel   +49 8621 996 02 37                IT-Beratung + Planung