Re: [Xen-users] How to check/test network performance?

> As was said, iperf and netperf, but they are benchmarks. If you prefer
> real world tools, you can setup rsyncd on one machine (configure
> /etc/rsyncd.conf and do /etc/init.d/rsyncd start) and from a remote
> machine do
> rsync -aPv * {rsyncserver.domain.name}::{rsyncd-section-name}/
> and rsync even displays how quick this is. You can also create a big
> file on the server, e.g.
> dd if=/dev/zero of=bigfile.dd bs=1024k count=1000
> and then copy this from the client:
> rsync -aPv * {rsyncserver}::{rsyncd-section-name}/bigfile.dd /tmp
>
> You can also use "iptraf" to watch the network traffic while you do your
> testing, it displays live performance values.

Thanks to everyone. iperf filled my needs quite well. It was accurate
enough on every system I tried, and successfully found my issue.
Confirmed by my router/switch guy, one of my xen servers is stuck at
10meg full duplex...ugh....which explains the slowness.

Thanks,
James