RE: [Xen-users] Easy way to remove GPLPV drivers version 0.9.10?

On Tue, 2008-12-09 at 12:02 +1100, James Harper wrote:
> Are you able to create a new Windows DomU without any PV drivers to test
> if that works? (eg rule out a more general and non-gplpv related
> problem)

I have not created a plain old Windows domU on SP1 and tried to copy
that over to the new one. I'll try to do that tomorrow. I have created a
windows domU on the SP2 server and that works as you'd expect.

> Yes they will. It should be sufficient to just rename
> windows\system32\drivers\xenpci.sys to
> windows\system32\drivers\xenpci.sys.old and see if that happens. I think
> there is a readme file in the gplpv install that documents how to
> remove, but you do need to poke around in the registry.

I actually used to have this documented myself, because I had to
manually remove the 0.8.8 version on several domU's one time. Can't find
it though... :-(

> You could try installing the latest version of GPLPV. Not sure if that
> will help though. If they definitely don't work I'd be interested in
> finding out why.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks,
James