    Data: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 13:15:30 +0100
      Da: Thomas Halinka <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Rispondi-A:lists@xxxxxxxxx
 Oggetto: Re: [Xen-users] xen hvmloader gpxe
       A: ignazio.cassano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Am Mittwoch, den 31.12.2008, 13:04 +0100 schrieb
ignazio.cassano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
I am testing several Operating System Streaming products to streams
     virtual desktops.
     They always requires pxe boot but xen seems to have a pxe which is not
     suitable.

Ay - pxe-boot with xen (dom0 AND domU) and also kvm running fine. I make
heavy use of this and it works fine - net-booting your dom0 and domus is
really cool ;)

I think your problem is your bridge.

Could you please post your bridge-config.

auto xyz
iface xyz inet static
        address 10.10.45.231
        netmask 255.255.255.0
       bridge_ports eth0
        bridge_fd 0
        bridge_hello 2
       bridge_maxage 12
        bridge_stp off

the brdige_fd is a MUST-HAVE otherwise it _wont_ work.

     I got the same problem with kqemu and kvm and I solved it using gpxe.

works like a charm.

     With xen I tried to chainloading gpxe (following gpxe wiki) but
     hvmloader fails to load it (memory problem?).
     Any workaround about this problem or patch in future releases ?
     Many Thanks & Regards
     Igna

Regards,

Thomas