RE: [Xen-users] I want to know if.....

  • To: "'Mauro'" <mrsanna1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Venefax" <venefax@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 18:46:50 -0500
  • Cc: jonr@xxxxxxxxxx, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 15:48:13 -0800

It is exactly opposite. Para-virtualization is near-native performance. Use
full-virtualization only to mix windows and Linux in the same hardware. But
rest assured that Hyper-V R2 achieves 2 times the performance and stability
compared to KVm and Xen full-virt. I tested them all in real-life scenarios.
My advice is: use Xen 3.3 for any Linux domus and only paravirtualized. And
use Microsoft Hyper-v for windows on windows virtualization.