Re: [Xen-users] Xen configuration file format

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 7:09 PM, Geert Janssens <info@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thank you for this information. The sxp format is apparently quite different
> from the python syntax I used so far. Where can I find more information about
> this format ?

Courtesy of Google, try the book "Running Xen" :
http://books.google.co.id/books?id=XS-Jj7s2nhYC&pg=PA180&lpg=PA180&dq=xen+sxp+format&source=bl&ots=UUJNlS68AW&sig=EvczNKtSqrUcKVv5lZo4EcyuR3M&hl=en&ei=uETbSdb4G5CHkAXgyKSsCA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2#PPA180,M1

> Would it be possible to convert the /etc/xen/* config files to xend-managed
> domUs ?

"xm new" is enough.
If you're asking "how to convert old config files to sxp", try "xm create -n"

> To better understand how xen works, I would definitely want to experiment with
> manually created domU config files.
>
> I am a bit puzzled on how to bootstrap a new domU creation this way.
>
> My dom0 is CentOS 5.2. With virt-install I managed to setup several other
> CentOS 5.2 domU's, but it fails with for example Fedora 10. Is there some good
> documentation on how to do a manual domU setup, including installation of the
> guest OS ? Or maybe some examples of how this was done ?

Start with http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Xen/InstallingCentOSDomU

Regards,

Fajar