Re: [Xen-users] terrible problems with Xen on SLES 10.2 / 11

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 8:25 PM, Marcin Krol <mrkafk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Trouble is, I tested with RH5 (.1, .2, .3) just to make sure there is
> nothing else wrong and I couldn't get it working either! That is, either
> network in the dom0 (that is, main/host domain IIRC?) doesn't work at all or
> kernel can't communicate with the disk and throws up lots of SCSI errors.
>

> I can't fathom what is going wrong then. I'm currently trying to get dmesg
> output saved, but I have to wait some 30 minutes to get it, bc kernel throws
> various SCSI errors and tries to reset and it takes a long time for it to
> fall back into single user. When I get dmesg output, I'll post it here.

Here's a question. Does the scsi controller work correctly on normal
kernel? I'm beginning to think you have a hardware problem (bad disk
or controller, etc.)

Does lsmod have aacraid listed? What does lspci say about RAID
controller? Mine has this
04:00.0 RAID bus controller: Adaptec AAC-RAID (Rocket) (rev 02)

I have several IBM x series with Xeons, and they all work correctly
with xen from RHEL5.x.

--
Fajar