Re: [Xen-users] XP HVM w/o VT/AMD-V?

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 5:32 AM, Chris 'Xenon' Hanson
<xenon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is there any tricks I can employ to accomplish Xen
> virtualization of an HVM XP box without VT or AMD-V extensions?

No.

> but I don't have the ability to move the WinXP guest
> over to my new machine that has the VT extensions.

Why? It should be straight forward.

>  I guess I could maybe run QEMU or something just for this one XP HVM guest?

If you're thinking about using the box as Xen dom0 for PV guest while
at the same time running qemu, I'd suggest that you don't. Performance
would suck. You should either dedicate this box for PV guests, or
stick with other virtualization solution (virtualbox, vmware server,
etc.)

--
Fajar