Re: [Xen-users] Ubuntu 8.04 DomU crash

Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
> Lenny's kernel fit nicely on Ubuntu 9.04.
> For older ubuntu version, Etch's kernel might be a better choice for
> seamless upgrade.

  I was gun-shy of taking the Dom0's Lenny kernel because it was a x64 and the
DomU was an
x86-32, and I didn't want to open that can of worms.

> Fair enough,
> IMHO It's a mix between security and easy of use. In my case since I
> control all domUs running on my server, I can trust pygrub enough to
> use it.

  I can see both sides of the issue. I control the DomU too, at least, as long
as there
isn't a root exploit within it. ;) It's a webserver, so it's obviously more
exposed than
the Dom0.

>>  Anyway, thanks to all for the assistance, and I hope this info helps
>> others. I wish
>> Ubuntu 8.04 had a Xen-stable kernel right out of the box, as it would save a
>> lot of
>> trouble. Actually, first-class Xen support from later Ubuntu releases would
>> be even better.
> Same wish here. Not holding my breath though.
> Support (including for Xen) is the primary reason I use RHEL5.

  Sigh.