From: Tait Clarridge [mailto:Tait.Clarridge@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, July 02, 2009 1:12 PM
To: Tait Clarridge; Jonathan Bayles; xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Simple network config question

> > Hey guys,
> >
> > Usually all my guests go out through various bridges connected to
> > eth0, but I came across a scenario where I need to connect one guest
> > to a special backend network. The network is connected to an access
> > port on a switch via
> > eth2 on the xen server. If I set an IP on eth2 in the correct
> > network it works
> just
> > fine. How can I share this connection up to a domU? I cant tell the
> > switchport to become a trunk and bridge out internally like I
> > usually do. Any help is
> greatly
> > appreciated!!
>
> What you may want to try is bridging the connection on eth2 to
> something like
> xenbr2 and in the config file have a line that is:
>
> vif=['bridge=xenbr2']

EDIT: If you have a line in the domU configuration file that already has a vif
stated, which will probably be the case (eg. vif=['bridge=xenbr0']) you can
just add the following configuration for two network connections by doing
something like:

vif=['bridge=xenbr0','bridge=xenbr2']

I have a similar setup for an iSCSI storage network where one of the NICs on
the dom0 is connected to the iSCSI network and allows connectivity to the domU
through a special network bridge "iscsibr0" which I add to the config file as I
showed above.