Re: [Xen-users] latest GPLPV drivers 0.10.0.86 and microsoft.com

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 9:04 PM, Ian Tobin<itobin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ok here is the results

> C:\Documents and Settings\support>nslookup www.microsoft.com
> Server:  ns1.externalresolver.rapidswitch.com
> Address:  87.117.198.200
>
> Non-authoritative answer:
> Name:    lb1.www.ms.akadns.net
> Address:  64.4.31.252
> Aliases:  www.microsoft.com, toggle.www.ms.akadns.net
>          g.www.ms.akadns.net
>

> C:\Documents and Settings\support>

> Microsoft Windows [Version 5.2.3790]
> (C) Copyright 1985-2003 Microsoft Corp.
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\support>ping www.microsoft.com
> Ping request could not find host www.microsoft.com. Please check the name and
> try again.

Okay, so nslookup CAN find the host (64.4.31.252) but ping CAN NOT
find the host. The only time I have seen something like this is on
malware-infected servers.

Either way, it's not Xen issue anymore. Xen's networking can pass UDP
DNS traffic just fine (nslookup got the correct result). You might
have better luck asking MS guys why nslookup can succeed while ping
can't find the host, and how to fix the problem.

--
Fajar