Re: [Xen-users] Xen Orchestra : web app for managing Xen with one or more Dom0

  • To: Olivier LAMBERT <lambert.olivier@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Grant McWilliams <grantmasterflash@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 11:35:18 -0700
  • Cc: Dennis Storm - Drecomm BV <d.storm@xxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 11:36:24 -0700

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 10:12 AM, Olivier LAMBERT <lambert.olivier@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In fact, stop button send :
VM.hard_shutdown, which is kind of fast, but I admit, a little resolute ;)

I try with a clean shutdown, it works and in a console, I've got :
"The system is going down for system halt NOW!"

Slower but more secure. So, it's done and uploaded in git, so the zip
generated with git in upgraded ! (in source tab in the
http://project.xen-orchestra.com, on the bottom)

Thanks,

Olivier.

Oliver,
ÂÂ So what is Orchestra missing in order for it to be usable? It seems that you can only start and stop VMs and not much else? Why did you go through the trouble of creating yet another web gui when we have so many already? I'm not knocking your project only wondering because I know at least two other Xen gui apps that haven't been announced. It would see that if we all worked together we'd have ONE that worked by now.

Grant McWilliams

Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use Windows."
Now they have two problems.