Re: [Xen-users] easy high availability storage

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 9:22 PM, Javier Guerra <javier@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 4:26 AM, Peter Braun <xenware@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Am looking for opensource solution of H/A SAN - and this is close to my goal.

>> 4)    how to make iSCSI target highly available?
>>       - configure   iSCSI on virtual IP/another IP and run it as HA service
>>       - configure separate iSCSI targets on both SAN hosts and
>> connect it to Xen server as multipath?
>
> no experience here.  i'd guess multipath is nicer; but any delay in
> DRBD replication would be visible as read inconsistencies.  a
> migratable IP number might be safer.

drbd in dual primary mode (which is necessary for cluster file system
or Xen live migration) will assure data on both nodes stay consistent,
at the cost of performance. Note that if you use iscsi+multipath, you
need to configure iscsi not to try indefinitely in case one of the
storage nodes go down.

--
Fajar