[Xen-users] Xen License

  • To: <Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Jonathan Tripathy" <jonnyt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 11:33:12 +0100
  • Cc:
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 03:36:24 -0700

Hi Everyone,

This is going to sound silly but...

I'm just off the phone with a Microsoft SPLA reseller. They sell licenses to run Microsoft software in a hosted environment. I was asking about obtaining Windows licenses to run on my Xen VPS hosting solution.

Maybe there is a big misunderstanding, but I'm faily sure she said that it was illegial for me to rent out Xen VMs...even if they are running Linux (some about terms and conditions).....

Please someone tell me that it was just a misunderstanding. I was under the impression that since Xen is GPL, I'm allowed to rent out Xen Guests to customers without paying anything...

Thanks