Re: [Xen-users] RAID10 Array

Hi!

> Ok so I was reading http://www.howtoforge.com/ata_over_ethernet_debian_etch
>
> and they "export" a partition via
>
> vbladed 0 1 eth0 /dev/sdd5
>
> If i wanted to use link agregation, what interface would I put in? Also, would
> I need to set up my switch with 802.3ad/LACP "trunks".
Ok, if you insist on LACP, then you'd start it like this:
vbladed 0 1 bond0 /dev/sdd5

Without bonding you'd start several vblades with all the interfaces, like
that:
vbladed 0 1 eth0 /dev/sdd5
vbladed 0 1 eth1 /dev/sdd5
vbladed 0 1 eth2 /dev/sdd5

But I'd suggest to use some other AoE initiator implementations like
qaoed[1] or ggaoed[2]. Coraid speaks of vblade as a reference
implementation that works but lacks features and performance.

I hope this helps!

-- Adi

[1] http://code.google.com/p/qaoed/
[2] http://code.google.com/p/ggaoed/