RE: [Xen-users] RAID10 Array

  • To: "Adi Kriegisch" <kriegisch@xxxxxxxx>, <Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Jonathan Tripathy" <jonnyt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 11:24:45 +0100
  • Cc:
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 03:28:10 -0700

> 2) How would I use 802.3ad "link agregation" with ATAoE?
You would not. Just use (for example) 4 NICs for AoE and the kernel driver
will automatically balance your traffic over all available interfaces.
The kernel knows which interfaces can reach which from the target and does
all the balancing.
This even allows high availability when using two switches: just connect
half of the interfaces to one switch and the others to the other switch (do
the same with your storage system) and you're done. You may just plug the
power of one switch and everything will (with a very short delay) continue
to work -- with half the bandwidth, of course.

-- Adi

and they "export" a partition via

vbladed 0 1 eth0 /dev/sdd5

If i wanted to use link agregation, what interface would I put in? Also, would I need to set up my switch with 802.3ad/LACP "trunks".

Thanks