Anyway, as it turns out, I dont need to clone that Windows server anymore, so I don't need to figure this problem out.

Thanks for trying to help out, though!

Cheers,

On 10/13/2010 11:22 PM, James Harper wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:xen-users-
bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Daniel Gomes
Sent: Thursday, 14 October 2010 00:26
To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] usb_add to windows guest

   Hey James,

first of all, thanks for the really fast reply!

Regarding what you said, it was really too much for me hehe. I mean, I
admin a Xen server and regularly add/delete Linux guests, but it's my
first time with a Windows guest (and with USB) and, to be honest, I
didn't even know what qemu was until I wiki'ed it right now lol.

That being said, could you please explain what you mean by "pass
through
the block device"? You mean smth like /dev/sdg? That obviously can't
go
in the "usb_add" command, so where shall I use that? Sorry for the
ignorance...
Yes the block device like /dev/sdg. xm "block-attach" is what you want
to add the device dynamically, although without PV drivers installed in
DomU I don't think you can hot-add devices.

James

--
Daniel Gomes (SysAdmin)
dgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Instituto de Plasmas e Fusão Nuclear
Instituto Superior Técnico - UTL
Av. Rovisco Pais - 1049-001 Lisboa - Portugal