Re: [Xen-users] Which version for hosting?

On 16/01/11 10:35, Ian Murray wrote:
In general Xen 4.0 works with 2.6.18 based  dom0 kernel aswell.
Try it and see how it goes with the el5 kernel  :)

I know gitco.de guys had some problems with the el5 dom0  kernel,
but those might be already resolved.

I had problems with xendomains failing to save and restore domains on
startup/shutdown using 4.0 and the Gitco 2.6.18. Other than that, it seemed
alright. I reverted back to 3.4.3 because xendomains would fail to restore and
fail to auto-start them, as they were left in a broken state after the
attempted
restore.

Xen 3.4.3 + CentOS's 2.6.18 was a rock solid combination,
I 100% agree with you here. I'm using Xen 3.4.3 and CenOS's 2.6.18 and it has been really rock solid!

I've had a couple of crashes when trying to remove an LVM LV, but I figured that by doing "lvchange -an /dev/vg0/lvname" first before "lvremove /dev/vg0/lvname" instead of doing just the latter seems to keep it stable. Not even sure if that's a Xen issue..
Good luck getting pv_ops 2.6.32.27 +4.0.1 reliably working on CentOS 5.5. So
far, it has been quite problematic for me.

Hmm may not try it then. I shall wait a few months until there is a "clear winner" in the community for 4.x (Which I believe is CentOS for the 3.x builds).