Re: [Xen-users] accessing a file outside VM

Yamini L wrote:

I have also booted a virtual machine via xen (and the guest os i ve invoked is also centos ).

Now i want to access a file (a tar file) which is outside the vm (in physical machine).. Can i use my usb inside the running vm ?? I am unable to download the file from net..

Please help me by providing some suggestions on how to do this.

OK, how would you do it if it was a real (not virtualised) machine ? Apart from the problem of needed to configure USB passthrough, pretty well any method you would use on a real machine can be used on a virtualised one.

Assuming you have networking working, then any network methods should work - FTP, RCP, SCP, NFS, etc, etc.

--
Simon Hobson