Re: [Xen-users] RE: GPLPV on windows 7, clean shutdown not working insomecase

On 21/06/2011 13:09, James Harper wrote:
Now i have installed gplpv build 238 on windows 7 pro 64 bit clean,
shutdown
monitor service did not create. Opened dos promt, did shutdownmon.exe
-i
some times and got always:
OpenSCManager failed (5)

Hmmm... 5 is access denied. Can you open your dos prompt with "run as
administrator"? I wonder if WiX or MSI is causing admin rights to be
dropped when running my service installer

James

If you want to add a debug line that writes to a file or something with the current environment, and whether it is elevated, just at the point it is about to install the service, I can build that revision and run it on 2K8R2.

Personally, I'm quite happy to run it manually, but was just a thought :)

--
May the ping be with you ..