RE: [Xen-users] KVM vs XEN source

  • To: Pandu Poluan <pandu@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Xen User-List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Zary Matej <matej.zary@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 22:50:43 +0200
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Cc:
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 13:52:11 -0700

Not 100% correct, you are comparing whole virtualization products with basic
hypervisor. You can compare XEN with KVM, when talking about hypervisors... but
when talking about virtualuzation solutions, let's talk about XenServer, Oracle
VM and RHEV for example. And be sure, that you can get full support from Red
Hat for RHEV. ;) RHEV had slow start (due to Qumranet's decision to base the
management tools on MS platform), but the next version coming in very close
future looks very promising (no need for MS platform anymore - they migrated
the management tools from .NET/MSSQL to JAVA/PostgreSQL). Let's hope that both
XEN and KVM toolstacks will find some common code usage (QEMU, SPICE, maybe
OpenVSwitch) to not waste too much energy on doing the same thing just some
other way. :)

Regards

Matej