Re: [Xen-users] Reserved Memory release

Details:
OS: Centos 5.6
Ram 16GB in all
Processor: 4core with HT (8 Threads)
Xen Management: XM

Problem:
I use "xm top" to view the current status of all the VMs. The first VM (vm01) is of 4GB RAM. I could see complete ram allocated to Dom0 when I had rebooted the server. Once I started the vm01, it took 4GB ram toitself as it was told. Its work was over, and I have shut it down.
Now, I still see 12GB allocated to Dom0, inspite of shutting down vm01, which I have seen until now. I would like the 4GB unused ram to be allocated to Dom0 without restarting, as it cannot be done now.

My application runs on Dom0, and I am planning not use VMs on this machine in the future, which explains why need full RAM for Dom0.

I can see this in xm top:
Mem: 16686296k total, 12491528k used, 4194768k free  ÂCPUs: 8 @ 3411MHz

and this in top on Dom0
Mem: Â12142592k total

@Alexandre:
Following is the output of the command you specified:
# xm mem-set Domain-0 0
Error: Invalid memory size

I also tried:
# xm mem-set 0 Domain-0
Error: Invalid argument.

Thanks for prompt responses guys, I have tried searching the internet to no avail.