Re: [Xen-users] Re: Fully-Virtualized XEN domU not Booting over iSCSI

Thanks for the pointer Fajar...I got engrossed in the problem and
neglected important details.

1.Im guessing LVM on domO.(Newbie alert!) I installed the PV domU disks
through a network tree install, on hosts' local storage first and then
moved the image to the shared iscsi storage.(probably a hard way to do it
but made sense at the time).

2. I used a cp command to move from local to shared storage.

3. The domU images are exported as type=fileio and I notice in my domU
config files the disk parameter is indeed a phy:/

All the PV domUs are CentOS 5.6/7 and are working fine on shared storage
but the HVM guests (turnkey appliances and Windows) cannot boot with the
below mentioned error.

Thanks.
Phillip.

On Thu, November 10, 2011 3:11 pm, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 8:01 PM, Phillip Nkubito <phil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just some more details:
>>
>>  - Host is currently running Xen 3.1.2 (shipped with Centos 5.6)
>>  - The HVM were installed using isos (playing around with turnkey
>> appliances).
>>
>> Any assistance/pointers will be highly appreciated.
>

> I doubt anyone will be able to help you. You didn't give out the most
> important details. For example:

> - how were the domU disks originally created? as LVM on dom0? as file
> images?
> - how did you move it to the shared storage? dd? cp?
> - how does the domU access the shared storage now? using phy:/ ?
>
> --
> Fajar

Kind Regards,

Phillip Nkubito