Re: [Xen-users] [XCP] Host Disabled, License expired, Can't renable

Errol Neal  wrote:
>                 Errol Neal  wrote:
> >                 First of all, Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate.
> > Giving thanks for powerful open source virtualization!
> >
> <SNIP>
> > I tried the expiry.sh trick, but it didn't work.
> >

> Just to cover my basis, I also tried it manually. I stopped xapi and manually
> modified state.db and changed two instances of expiry. When i started back up
> xapi and ran xe host-enable I still received the error and checking the
> state.db, the date had reverted.
>
> This host is one of two in a pool.

Any takers on this? i've googled and searched old threads and they always seem
to end with someone having to reinstall which is not possible for me at the
moment.

I don't even know how I got into this state. I always thought XCP was free so I
ignored the license warnings from XenCenter not thinking that my hosts would
actually be disabled.
There isn't any point in reinstalling if I'm just going to encounter the same
problem again :/ Was it because i was using XenCenter? If XenCenter wasn't in
the picture, would my host have been disabled?

Thanks again..