Re: [Xen-users] SR-IOV

On 28 November 2011 00:01, Achala Aryal <arya2595@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thank you for the link and clearification.
>
> One more thing Is there a command to see memory address of guest domain?

I recall that there's already some dprintk in the xen sources that
let's you see this at creation time, not sure where though. Try
digging through the relevant source files and enable debug printouts
for them (assuming the pr_debug macro is used):
http://www.kernel.org/doc/local/pr_debug.txt

Also, I believe the allocation may not be contiguous, so do keep that in mind.

Or can anyone else answer this? Sorry but I am of not much help in this area.

> And also any command that shows unauthorized access to memory if try to
> access memory of different domain?

Generally, barring any exploitation circumventing isolation, there is
no way for a domU to access memory it is not allocated, except perhaps
via DMA. VT-D is supposed to prevent this though.

Again, this is out of my comfort zone, so I may be completely wrong.

> I only want is to proof isolation of vm with the use of vt-d. Any idea?

Start by taking a look at xen/drivers/passthrough/vtd/iommu.c and see
how you may test it.

> Btw I successfully passthrough both pci and pcie device to guest domain.
>
> Thank you

Great to know! You're welcome! =)

List, please do correct me. I'm interested in knowing the answers as well.