Re: [Xen-users] OpenSuse 11 hvm domU: screen resolution up to 640x480

On 5 December 2011 17:18, jim burns <jim_burn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The only
> sure pv install method for a beginner is the distro's own install method. The
> rest of the methods require some time, effort & experience to help figure out
> what went wrong.
Yes, and actually I was using the distro's own install method to setup
a PV domU.

> However, after the install is over, and you *want* to reboot,
> are you saying you don't have a pv config file to xl create with?
I am saying that I have a pv config file but if I answer Y to the
reboot request at the
end of the installation, that is very slow as you said, the domU reboots but
the setup process start again, like if it was the first install, not
detecting that
it has to finish the setup which required the reboot!
This is the config file I use to start the first install:

name="OpenSuse11"
memory=1024
disk =
['phy:/dev/loop0,hdc:cdrom,r','file:/mnt/xen/vmstore/opensuse11/opensuse11.img,xvda,w'
]
vif = [ 'type=ioemu, mac=00:16:3e:00:00:21, bridge=xenbr0' ]
vfb = [ "type=vnc,vncunused=1,vnclisten=0.0.0.0,keymap=it" ]
stdvga=1
videoram=16
#bootloader = "/usr/bin/pygrub"
kernel = "/mnt/xen/kernel/opensuse/vmlinuz-xen"
ramdisk = "/mnt/xen/kernel/opensuse/initrd-xen"
vcpus=1
on_reboot = 'restart'
on_crash = 'destroy'
#usbdevice='tablet'
#extra = 'xencons=tty'
extra = 'noapic ssh=1 sshpassword=lolrofl addswap=/dev/xvda2
install=http://192.168.1.100/suse11/'

Of course at http://192.168.1.100/suse11/ location the Suse DVD iso
image is mounted as loop.

Once the domU has rebooted, it asks again to ssh the domU and proceed
with the OS installation.
At this point I interrupt, since I don't want to perform again another
installation over the one I've
just done.

> Then, it's *probably* as simple as removing any kernel= / ramdisk= lines, and
> putting in a "bootloader='/usr/bin/pygrub'" line, check your disk= line for
> correctness (no cdrom), and maybe add an extra= line. (Although, there is
> nothing an extra= line can do that editing your menu.lst can't do.)

Of course, I've also tried to uncomment the bootloader line and comment the
two following, but it doesn't work.
The domU doesn't start.

--
Flavio