Re: [Xen-users] Debugging (possible) Xen-related hang-issues without the possibility of attaching serial console to capture Xen output

Two thoughts:

1. Have you thought of installing an IPMI card into your box (if available), or hooking up a serial-over-IP box like this one - http://www.lantronix.com/device-networking/external-device-servers/eds1100_eds2100.html - I've found remote access to a serial port to be invaluable.

2. I used to have a really bad crash/hang/reboot issue with my xen installation. It turned out that the solution was to pin VMs to CPUs - otherwise there was an intermittent scheduling conflict that would simply come up once in a while and crash things. Never could actually find trace of it in logs, but pinning CPUs eliminated the issue. Not sure if that problem has been solved in later releases.

Miles Fidelman