Re: [Xen-users] reboot on booting xen-unstable

On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 12:45 AM,  <cyberhawk001@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Also, i am not sure if this has any impact, BUT whenever I added the line:
>
> GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="console=hvc0 earlyprintk=xen"
>

> to my /etc/default/grub file, i could not even boot into regular non-xen
> kernel. At least on my setup. So had to reboot into recovery mode and
> manually remove that line.

hvc0 is the xen console. That grub line tells *all* kernels to use it.
That doesn't go well for a kernel that doesn't have xen, obviously.
The "right" way would be to get grub to only add those commands for
xen entries but you'd have to look in the docs to see if/how you can
do that.