Re: [Xen-users] What do you do for Xen 4.2?

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Jonathan Tripathy <jonnyt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 13:25:51 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 12:26:44 +0000

On 15/06/2012 13:17, Peter Braun wrote:
There is security flaw but beside RHEL we dont see response on other
vendors yet.

Is xen.org official tarbal updated yet?

Both gitco.de and choon.net - there is no update yet.
Even alpinelinux.org which I am very interested in has no xen
hypervisor update yet.
Another Xen 4.1.2 repo
http://www.crc.id.au/xen-on-rhel6-scientific-linux-6-centos-6-howto/
is not updated too.

I don have Xenserver by citrix - is their product updated?

For 4.1.2 seems like only viable options are Debian Squeezy and Ubuntu
12.04 right now.

Br

Peter
Thanks, Peter

I think the main reason why there are no updates yet is because Xen.org still have it in staging, so there is no official release yet. I think most downstream vendors (with the exception of RHEL), tend to track xenbits ultimately. The patch was only released on Tuesday.

Of course, RHEL do their own thing due to their commercial product.