Re: [Xen-users] PCI Passthrough, Radeon 7950 and Windows 7 64-bit

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 5:21 PM, Matthias
<matthias.kannenberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Maybe you should give xm a try just to see if it does the trick. I
> never got vga passthrough working with xl (and from my understanding,
> it's a lot mor complicated there with compiling the vga bios into xen
> and manual calculating vga adress ranges.. with xm, I'm doing neither
> of it).

Why? I'm not using the VGA Passthrough, The card is set up as a secondary.
That shouldn't need any VGA BIOS. Also, it works fine for the first
boot very well!

The problem occurs on the second start of the same VM.

> Also, do you increase the log level for xen? my kernel line is:
> multiboot /boot/xen.gz dom0_mem=2048M iommu=1 loglvl=all guest_loglvl=all

Will do. (except dom0_mem)

> What kernel are you using? If you want i can provide my build commands
> for the xen-patched openSuse Kernel..

I don't want to use the XenLinux kernel. PVOps only please.
Unless the Xen kernel is actually Pvops-based, in which case why would
I want to use OpenSUSE one instead of vanilla?

As I've mentioned, vanilla 3.4.1.

--
RadosÅaw SzkodziÅski