Re: [Xen-users] cpu pinning not working correctly in xen-4.2 unstable

2012/6/26 Dario Faggioli <raistlin.df@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On Sat, 2012-06-23 at 18:18 +0200, Florian Heigl wrote:
>> > I tried the sedf scheduler, but this scheduler slow down all of my
>> > domUs, so I think credit* schedulers are the best ones for my workload.
>>
>> I think sedf had a limit in that it only works as intended with one
>> core. Anyone remember if thats true?
>>
> It is.
>
> Well, you can use all the cores/cpus but you have to manually move the
> vcpus there, the scheduler itself won't balance the workload
> automatically... Which sucks and needs fixing... as soon as someone will
> find some time to do it! :-P

I bet that would make a great summer of code project for someone
really skilled. :))

Probably schedulers are like mail clients?
All suck, one sucks less. :>

Florian

--
the purpose of libvirt is to provide an abstraction layer hiding all
xen features added since 2006 until they were finally understood and