Re: [Xen-users] 99% iowait on one core in 8 core processor

Hi Rajesh,

thank you for the input. This is quite interesting! It seems that your
IRQs are also only set to fixt vcpus and not using the "use one of the
following.."-options, but that there is something managing or
loadbalancing your IRQs from time to time and splitting them between
cores. So it seems that we have different problems and my initially
suggestions might not be valid in your case.

In the meantime i could pinpoint my porblem further down xomparing
Rajesh's output with mine and running irqbalance in debug mode:
irqbalance actually works on my system and also i'm able to set an IRQ
for using all 6 cores (with the 3f-mask in smp_affinity), but only for
IRQs who are not of type 'Dynamic-fasteoi' which all xen-related are.
Wenn i run irqbalance in debug mode it lists all irqs it controls and
I see that it ignores all dynamic-fasteoi. Rajesh's xen IRQs are of
type 'Dynamic-irq' and there it works. From the limited information I
have that was the only difference I could come up which seems to makes
sense, even though i can't find any hint on what 'Dynamic-fasteoi' is.
Neither google, nor the xen or my kernel sources show any hint of it.

I would love to get some pointers on that one because at the moment
i'm a little out of ideas..