Re: [Xen-users] dynamic memory extension not working on Debian Squeeze

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Alexandre Kouznetsov <alk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 00:02:49 -0600
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 06:04:15 +0000

El 20/11/2012 11:43 a.m., Ian Campbell escribió:
Another thing you could try is using the memmap command line option to
Checked the docs. Even if it work, it will be unmaintainable: I create/destroy VM's much more frequently than changing their's configurations. I guess I'll stay with a kernel upgrade. Next time I need this ballooning, I'll try leaving Dom0 with it's 2.6.32 and giving DomU 3.2 kernel from backports. Probably that would be enough.

Another workaround would be to boot with 8G and then balloon down ASAP.
This means you need the spare RAM available to boot the guest though,
which isn't ideal...
Tried that. It works, but very unpractical.

Thank you, all that was helpful.

Greetings.

--
Alexandre Kouznetsov