Re: [Xen-users] size units in xen-create-image, and other newbie doubts

On Mon, 2013-01-21 at 20:40 +0000, Nuno MagalhÃes wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm fiddling with Xen at home, the dom0 is a freshly installed Debian
> stable (current 6.0.6 squeeze) using LVM over RAID.
>
> I want to use two VGs, so the pointy-clicky won't really do since
> --lvm only takes one argument (i assume). That's no big deal, i can
> use LVM tools and even the partitions.d scripts xen-tools can use and
> provide a partition template through the  --partitions flag.
>
> However, the man page refers:
>
>          size       = 2Gb      # Disk image size.
>          image      = full     # Allocate the full disk size immediately.
>          memory     = 128Mb    # Memory size
>          swap       = 128Mb    # Swap size
>
> These units are plain wrong, as they should be GB and MB. Regardless,
> are these 128 for --swap MB or MiB? And what about --size?
[...]
> PS: sorry if this is the wrong list...

Best place to report bugs against xen-tools (including docs bugs like
the above appears to be) is, according to [0], the Debian BTS.

I find reportbug(1) a useful tool for doing this, or you can find more
info on reporting a bug at http://www.debian.org/Bugs/

xen-tools also has its own user and dev lists, see [1].

Ian.

[0] http://xen-tools.org/software/xen-tools/bugs.html
[1] http://xen-tools.org/software/xen-tools/lists.html