Re: [Xen-users] Zen backup and failover

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 10:35 AM, jacek burghardt
<jaceksburghardt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have 3 xen servers and i had used lvm for virtual drives on local storage
> I want to backup lvms to iscsi i had installed freenas under xen and I am
> thinking about exporting iscsi matching sizes of lvm virtual partitions so I
> can back them up rsync. I looking for ideas on proper way of backing up
> windows 2012s and archlinux

Ah, so you're just looking to back up? That's much easier than trying
to set up failover.

I would certainly recommend rsync for Linux, and it can work on
Windows if you're willing to either install Cygwin on the domU or
share the necessary folders via samba and do pull backups. I have some
helpful rsync scripts that I'd be willing to share if you're
interested.

--
--Zootboy

Sent from some sort of computing device.