Re: [Xen-users] gplpv: re-enabling the nic adapter removes it

  • To: Micky <mickylmartin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: James Harper <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 08:27:55 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-AU, en-US
  • Cc: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 21 May 2013 08:29:00 +0000

> > My test machine is Debian 3.8.5 which should be close enough although it's
> possible there is a patch that changes the state transition in a subtle way.
> >

> That is quite interesting. I do think this would be the case since we
> have tried everything else. Someday I may be able to try this on
> Debian dom0.
>
> > Can you try disabling both adapters so the driver unloads then enable them
> both again (even if it gets stuck when the first one loads)?
>
> I guess that was the first apparent thing that I did when an adapter
> disappeared while re-enabling, yea as funny as it sounds, LOL. But I
> did just try again; both adapters disappear and driver crashes with
> same error. Reboot brings them back.

I just uploaded a version 404 to testing which has some timeouts implemented
(and a PAE/x64 fix for vbd). That won't fix the problem but might tell me more
about the error if you can send me the debug log.

When you say crash is that a BSoD? I can't remember if I've asked you that
before.

James