Re: [Xen-users] Xen guest domains Console- How to interact with it?

  • From: Alexandre Kouznetsov <alk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 10:44:57 -0500
  • Cc: XenUsers <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 15:45:38 +0000

El 10/07/13 10:37, Ian Campbell escribiÃ:
On Wed, 2013-07-10 at 10:21 -0500, Alexandre Kouznetsov wrote:
Hello.

El 10/07/13 00:38, Fizza Hussain escribiÃ:
Hi Alexandre,

When I press Enter on this console screen, I get this message " No
console input handler".
This seems to be a normal working condition for MiniOS under Xen. Or at
least it was 7 years ago. It's MiniOS issue, not Xen's.
http://old-list-archives.xen.org/xen-devel/2006-08/msg00224.html

MiniOS is not a fully featured OS, it's an embedded style "library OS"
which you can use to run specific applications as a monolithic PV guest.
Depending on which type of minios you loaded will depend on the
functionality it has. So far as I now none of the normal options include
a shell or anything like that (there are options for stub-qemu,
stub-pvgrub, stub xenstored, stuff like that)

Do I have to install
something for the console to be functioning properly?
You may try to hack MiniOS a little bit (maybe altering /etc/inittab
would be enough) or consider switching Linux distribution.

MiniOS isn't a Linux distribution, or even a Linux kernel...

Oh, I have confused Mini-OS with MiniOS! I see the light.
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Mini-OS vs http://www.minios.org/

--
Alexandre Kouznetsov