Re: [Xen-users] question regarding booting custom guest kernel

On 30 September 2013 14:50, Wei Liu <wei.liu2@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 07:19:25PM +0200, Aastha Mehta wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> Sorry, I am going around in circles :(
>> As you suggested to first try with stock kernel, I was trying to create a
>> baseline VM. And I am missing something somewhere.
>>

> OK, does your baseline VM boot? Make sure it boots before using your
> kernel.
>
>> I added path to modified kernel and initrd in the config file, and then
>> this is what happens:
>>

> Looks like there's something wrong with hotplug scripts.
>
> This page contains useful info on how to collect necessary info.
>
> http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Reporting_Bugs_against_Xen
>
> Wei.

No, I am not even able to boot my baseline VM (specifying only the
mirror and no modified kernel). This is the error I get:
Parsing config from /etc/xen/precise-guest.cfg
libxl: error: libxl_bootloader.c:628:bootloader_finished: bootloader
failed - consult logfile /var/log/xen/bootloader.3.log
libxl: error: libxl_exec.c:118:libxl_report_child_exitstatus:
bootloader [19273] exited with error status 1
libxl: error: libxl_create.c:900:domcreate_rebuild_done: cannot
(re-)build domain: -3

And /var/log/xen/bootloader.3.log contains:
File "/usr/lib/xen-default/bin/pygrub", line 763 in <module>
   raise RuntimeError, "Unable to find partition containing kernel"

Thanks

--
Aastha Mehta