Re: [Xen-users] Problem in building vTPM manager

On 10/16/2013 05:10 AM, Jan Beulich wrote:
On 15.10.13 at 19:09, Daniel De Graaf <dgdegra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 10/11/2013 07:09 PM, Emma Allison wrote:
Thanks Daniel,

When I run

sudo xl create -c vtpmmgr-stubdom.cfg

I receive the following error:

[...]
IOMEM Machine Base Address: FED40000
Enabled Localities: 0
Map 1 (fed40, ...) at 0x1006000 failed: -1.
Do_exit called!
base is 0x10fcb8 caller is 0x1f24d
base is 0x10fcd8 caller is 0x27658
base is 0x10fd88 caller is 0x2772b
base is 0x10fde8 caller is 0x26bf6
base is 0x10fe28 caller is 0x26c1e
base is 0x10fe38 caller is 0x1ba94
base is 0x10fe78 caller is 0x6f84
base is 0x10ff38 caller is 0x353c
base is 0x10ff68 caller is 0x1fa80
base is 0x10ffe8 caller is 0x343b

How I can solve this problem?

This is fixed by a hypervisor patch in xen-unstable:

http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=xen.git;a=commit;h=07344c0f33be13bf9232a113
681ef9087557f706

That patch has not yet been applied to the 4.3 tree, however you can apply
it yourself. I'm adding Jan to CC as a ping to backport this patch; a
report on if the patch fixes the issue may also be helpful here.

A ping means that you previously asked for this to be backported,
but I don't think you ever did. Considering that your first try at
fixing this was broken, I would also not have considered this as a
candidate on my own (in fear of further issues)...

Yes, looking back I should have explicitly requested the backport after
it was committed to unstable and tested. Thanks for applying the patch
now that it has been confirmed to work.

--
Daniel De Graaf
National Security Agency