Re: [Xen-users] How do I get rid of vfb?

On 6/11/2013, at 12:57 am, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, 2013-11-05 at 11:40 +0000, Anthony PERARD wrote:
>> :(, I don't know. I've tried to start a random Linux guest in PV mod,
>> with a qdisk provided, and it't look like "console/type = xenconsoled",
>> and nothing about a vfb.
>
> Oh wait, Lloyd is running 4.1 -- I can well believe xl in that release
> did something dumb here and we've since fixed it (I have a vague memory
> of such a thing...)

I’ve just tested xen tools 4.2 on NetBSD 6.1.2 and it’s certainly working much
better than the first time I tried 4.2. I can confirm that 1) loopback devices
are created automatically for raw files on NetBSD and 2) when I force the use
of qemu by using a qcow2 image, I do not get get the broken console
configuration that I got in 4.1. Looks like xl in 4.1 was indeed doing
something dumb and it got fixed.

Cheers,
Lloyd